Wednesday, December 12, 2007

...Keep Me Busy...

...it's that time of the year again where it begins to slow down at work and I start hitting my Stumble button in FireFox. Unlike most industries, in the music industry, it's like school; Christmas holiday comes around and we close until after the new year. During that time, people start to use up their vacation time, the phones start to die down, and emails become scarce of anything important.

...i've done most of my X-mas shopping early this year (started actually during Halloween!). I have only a few relatives to shop for and one more thing left for the girlfriend...oh and cards. The X-mas tree is up at my parents house and I must say, using a fake tree this year (normally we get real ones but my mom got a deal last year after the holiday on their fake tree) was a lot easier to put ornaments on. If an ornament doesn't want to stay on, bend the branch!

...so for this year, what is everyone asking for? Myself? I'd love an Xbox 360 and a new TV. The TV I have now is an old Daewoo that I got back in the day when I lived with my ex-girlfriend (man that was a long time ago...probably 6-7 years ago). It's lasted me a long time, don't get me wrong but the inputs in the back are now shot. When playing video games or DVDs, the sound goes in and out. It's still good for watching TV, but if you need the inputs, you'll get annoyed getting up and down to wiggle it in the back.

...I am trying to keep up with the gaming world. I'm trying to finish Halo (yes the first one) as quickly as possible but DAYUM the repetitive levels kill me. I think I'm near the end...I'm following this little flying robot thing through doors (supposedly there are 10 of them according to that little f*cker). It seems as though that, IMO, the programmers got lazy at the end and copied some of the enemies from Half-Life. Those little grubby things piss me off!!

...another little nifty thing I've seemed to pick up is I learned how to crochet. Oddly enough, I find it a lot of fun. I'm working on a scarf right now for my girlfriend. According to Brain Age 2 for the DS, knitting/crocheting helps work out the brain. HA! See, video games teach you things!

No comments: