Wednesday, June 20, 2007

...it's all comics back to me now...

...recently, i find myself getting back into comics. with all the comic book movies coming out and recently my girlfriend buying us tickets to go to the NYC Comic Con at the Javits...wait...that was way back in February...but still. I bought a bunch of TPB (trade paper back) at the convention and just recently i've been reading them on my way to work.

...i must say Ultimate XMen has revived my urge to go to my local comic shop to buy Volume 2 of the TPB. just yesterday, on my lunchbreak, i almost did that...but while squatting there in the aisle of the graphic novels, debating in my hand to get a Transformers TPB, or the new Green Lantern TPB...I spotted something that I had to get (also was a bit cheaper too):
...yes i'm a nerd, a forum lurker, and a video game comic fan (check out Penny Arcade and Ctrl Alt Del ... two of my favorite gamer/nerd comics...you can find me on the PA Forums as well. I post sometimes here and there...a lot of times praising the Zune <3). i have to say i'm very excited about this purchase. it contains all of the early strips from PA, along with sketches and little tidbits about each comic...

...but after this i have an option of 2 very different comic TPB's that I have. I can either read The Preacher: Gone To Texas or Superman: Till Death Do Us Part. I also have #1-3 of 52 but I feel I cannot start this because I have been out of the DC world in a long time and I have no idea what has happened since the the last Crisis and why Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman are gone. Can anyone enlighten me?

No comments: