Wednesday, June 27, 2007

...a pleasant DS surprise...

...so ever since i've been watching movies on my Zune on my commute to work on the train, i've been neglecting my Nintendo DS until recent when I've been playing it during commercials or while i'm watching TV. now I can go on and on about all the other games people have been raving about that I too have found my mind go insane from the fun of them (Puzzle Quest, Planet Puzzle League, Elite Beat Agents)...but i'm going to write about a game that i got recently on a whim just cause that I found to be quite enjoyable: The Incredibles - Rise of the Underminer...

...this is obviously based on the movie The Incredibles. So far i'm on the 3rd area in the game and i'm enjoying it very much. this is a the classic platformer. you can switch between using Mr. Incredible (he's incredibly strong!) and Frozone (who freezes stuff ala Iceman). Each have their own special power where on each level you'll find you need to use one or the other to get past a certain obstacle. You can switch between characters whenever you want which is really handy. The enemy's are a little monotonous and the puzzles are a bit easy, but we're talking about a kids game no? This game really just reminds me of the old NES platformers from back in the day. Save points are distributed well through out the game and the boss battles aren't that hard. A perfect DS platformer...

No comments: