Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Korean Food, Cocoa Bar & Games

It's been a crazy past couple of days with work and some family issues.  I'm sure everything is going to be all right but cross your internet fingers, would ya?

Games:

I've recently decided to go back into the world of Fallout 3 to finish the DLC that I've bought.  This past weekend, I finished Broken Steel and started Point Lookout. Broken Steel kind of felt all over the place with the storyline but I did enjoy the ending with the Air Force Base.  Tons of great weapons and lots of loot!

Point Lookout on the other hand is HARD!  I'm going into it as level 28 and i'm having a rough time.  I love the different location; kind of a run down Coney Island / swamp theme going on.  Let's see how this goes.

From Point Lookout: Doesnt' he look like Sloth from The Goonies?
Also, thanks to trying out the demo on XBLA, I've picked up my DS again to play out Might & Magic Clash of Heroes.  Huzzah for puzzles RPGs!

Books:

I'm only about 50 pages to the end of The Princess Bride and this will absolutely get 5 stars from me on my GoodReads page.  The edition I have contains the next chapter of the story, Buttercup's Baby, which is where I am.  The way Golden writes this entire book is fascinating.  His narration, comments and sheer insanity by creating a story within a story within a story is so much fun to read, I have to remind myself that everything he's writing is fiction.  There is no S. Morgenstern (the real title of the book is actually The Princess Bride: S. Morgenstern's Classic Tale of True Love & High Adventure), there is no abridgment of the book, there is no Florin...it's all made up!  A must read for any lover of high adventure / fantasy and the movie.

Life:
Over the weekend, the fiance & I had a long overdue date over in Park Slope, Brooklyn.  I was finally able to calm my stomach for the desire of Korean food I'm happy to say.  We had a wonderful dinner at Moim.  She had a hot seafood Bibimbop in a stone bowl which looked and tasted amazing.  I tried the Dak Bok Kum which had little Korean style gnocchi in them that I gladly welcomed into my belly.  :)  The prices were just right for our tight little wedding saving budget.  Definitely going to go back again to try their Kim Chi Fried Rice.

We sat right there :)
After, we headed to a place that we've been wanting to go to for a LONG time: Cocoa Bar.  This is a coffee / wine / chocolate bar...and coming from a person who does NOT like a lot of chocolate, I loved this place.
Coffee & tea in the front...wine in the back.
You can't help but have a good time here (especially after having a few glasses of wine).  I had myself a homemade ring ding and a peanut butter patty along with a pinot noir.  She had a raspberry chocolate cake mini cake...thing, along with her merlot.  After a few glasses talking over our wedding plans, we left here very happy and wishing we had enough money to stay for more.

No comments: