Monday, October 17, 2011

Tired & Mindless Serenity

This past weekend felt long and trying on our emotions.  We've been spending most of our days & nights at the hospital visiting my future father in law (he'll be fine and is getting out today!).  Running errands for my future mother in law and just being there, while the act of being there is just that, is tiring on the mind.  Just wondering if everyone's all right, if my fiance is holding up okay...a lot of thinking.

We came home yesterday afternoon and just both collapsed on the couch and relaxed.  We began going through the various shows that the DVR has recorded (Up All Night is our new favorite show).  It was much needed.

After a few shows, I went to relax with a little 360 time.  I found that I wasn't in the mood for games like Fallout 3, Oblivion or even Borderlands.  I just didn't feel like I wanted to deal with questing, strategic fighting and everything else that comes with those RPG games.  I ended up playing Torchlight for HOURS...basically just mashing buttons and moving my warrior deeper and deeper into the world.  It's games like that and the Marvel Ultimate Alliance series that I love where I don't have to put too much thought into the story or action and just enjoy the bells & whistles; it has a calming effect.  So far I'm down 17 levels into the world and i'm trying to find out what's causing the earthquakes.

In other news, I'm just about halfway through Chuck Klosterman's Killing Yourself to Live.  He's one of my favorite writers of pop culture always referencing aspects of life to music & entertainment in his essays/stories.  Really digging this book as I whittle down my pile of To Read books in my library before I tackle the 1,000+ page Storm of Swords!

No comments: