Thursday, November 11, 2004

...Escalators

Ok. I get off the train to go to work and there are 4 escalators I have to go up to get to street level (kinda ridiculous if you ask me). Now common knowledge of the etiquette on escalators is as follows: Keep to the right if you just want to stand and ride the escalator up. The left is for people who are in a rush and want to walk up the escalator.

Now usually on my way to work, I'm keeping to the right cause I'm damn tired, I don't feel like walking up 4 escalator flights. Plus I've only had one cup of coffee and a cigg.

So usually I have to deal with the following types of people who keep to the right:
-People who are still scared that the escalator will eat you and suck you in.
-People who have humongous backpacks that smack you in the face
-And lastly, those people who are unsure of being on the right or the left side so they start walking up when they reach the top of the escalator and then stop. THAT'S A PISSER!

As I walk to the 3rd escalator this woman bolts from the back of the right side, cuts off everyone, ONE BY ONE MIND YOU, then cuts me and stops. I just looked at the back of her head like, "You gotta be kidding me." Seriously, if you're that much in a rush, move to the left and walk your fat ass up the fuckin' elevator and don't be a dick by doing stupid shit like that.

...maybe I got easily pissed off cause I have a headache that won't go away. Time for more tylenol.


Song Playing: Further Seems Forever - Say It Ain't So (Chris Carraba Version)

No comments: