Monday, November 08, 2004

...LOTR: Third Age & Star Wars Battlefront Quick Reviews



Lord of the Rings Gamespot Review
Star Wars Battlefront Gamespot Review

So Saturday I finally got my new HD Loader and hard drive for my PS2. If you don't know what that is, check out the link. Trust me you won't be disappointed. Greatest investment i've made. If you're still unsure about it, email me and i'll let you in on the dirt about HD Loader.

Anyways, I went to Blockbuster and rented Lord of the Rings: The Third Age and Star Wars Battlefront because those are two games that i've been wanting to try.

Lord of the Rings: The Third Age: This game will be loved by die hard LOTR/Final Fantasy lovers and criticized by the rest. LOTR the Third Age takes the battle engine from Final Fantasy X and tweaks it here and there for the better (adds in NEW EQUIPMENT option in the equip menus). It's a lot cleaner and easier to manage. The scenery is beautiful as well as the characters being well developed. Small complaint is that the story is a little bland but you do get into it. Definitely check this one out.

Star Wars Battlefront: from what i've been told, this is just Star Wars put over the Battlefield 1942 engine (Geez, doesn't anyone make their own game anymore?). I never played Battlefield 1942 but i've heard many good things. In SW: Battlefront you can drive in any of the vehicles, be an imperial trooper, or a rebel soldier...it's great!

I did find myself feeling that things are repetitive. Capturing bases is basically the goal in every campaign that I played. I do like the fact that you can choose different historical campaigns. You can either play the campaigns from the newer movies (Episodes I, II) or the older ones (Episodes IV, V, VI). This game is just full of choices for you and you can even play online with other's which I guess is the main draw for this game. Definitly rent this before you buy it and see if it's for you.

No comments: